Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Memorial Day Weekend


We made an impromptu Memorial Day weekend trip to Mississippi. My dad had to work, but was happy to spend any and all the time he could with his little granddaughter. 

We didn't do much to rant about. We saw a few friends, ate chili and deer roast, and played. Beans had a blast and by the end of it was trying to say "Grand Daddy" which ended up sounding more like "gablabla" but it's a start and made my dad very happy.

On a more solemn note, just wanted to acknowledge all those out there that we've lost in military service. And not just Americans, any one serving their country's people. And my sympathies to all those who've lost parents, grandparents, children, siblings, and the like. My heart and gratitude goes to you all.

Back to something a little more perky. I think I have taken the single most adorable photo of my dad with Beans. She's holding his hand. It made his weekend.

No comments: