Monday, April 11, 2011


I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but I adore my husband. One thing I have come to particularly adore are his random moments of severe eccentricity. Allow me to elaborate...

The other evening as I walked into the bedroom, I find him sitting cross-legged on the bed staring at our dog half sleeping in the corner of the room. He then adamantly states, "[Dog], don't try any of that mind control bull [poop] or I will [mess] you up." Then calmly lays down to go to sleep.

This may seem a bit odd to those of you who don't know my husband and frankly it is. But a couple things you should know... A: My husband is not clinically, criminally, or otherwise insane. He's really quite normal and highly intelligent. Just weird (like me) and perhaps a touch paranoid. But I always say better a bit paranoid than oblivious. B: My husband adores this dog. He considers her to be his first child. He and the hound were buddies before he and I started dating. He would never hurt this animal (or any animal for that matter). And C: The dog was sleeping. Maybe mind control works when I dog is sleeping, but I just don't know.

Either way, this is just a sample of the random gems of nonsense that come from my amazing hubby's brain.

No comments: