Saturday, March 26, 2011

Things I Can Do in the Bathtub Besides Bathe

So the husband has "temporarily" disabled the sink. Until it is functional again, I have to use the bathroom sink or bath tub. The first time I needed to do dishes, I tried the sink. I never realized how small that sucker is. So the logical solution...

Activity #1 (that I can do in the bathtub besides bathe): Give the dishes a bath. Not only does it work really well, it amuses the heck out of young children. Beans sat in the bathroom with me the whole time I "gave the dishes a bath."

I will say that I considered putting her in there with them. I asked my sister what she thought about it. After a brief moment of hesitation she came to the same conclusion I did. Though our father used to have us stomp on the laundry in the bathtub when we lived in Egypt (and we loved doing it), dishes are breakable and sharp. If they weren't however, Bean would be bathing with the dishes.

On to my next "discovery." When the husband asked what I was planning for dinner tonight, I realized I'd have to defrost something... in the sink. (I'm aware that this isn't always the safest method of defrosting, but I keep a slow trickle of cool water going to ensure the temperature stays low.) But this inspired my next "discovery."

Activity #2: Defrost meat for dinner. It's the same principal as doing it in the sink, just larger scale. A really big sink if you will.

I'm starting to think of the tub as a really big sink. It's great. I mean, I did bathe the Bean in the kitchen sink when she was an itty bitty. Why not bathe the dishes in the tub? If I make another "discovery" I'll be sure to keep you posted.

No comments: