Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Baby Updates

As mentioned I have a child. On occasion, I send out "baby updates" to my family and friends. But now, what better way to do that than with a blog. Let me bring you up to date.

Baby Update: By George, She's Got It
July 30, 2008

I should have written this a week ago, but having a kid and being sleep deprived and all...

So she's crawling. She's pretty good at it. Especially when there's no diaper on her butt. She see something she wants and she's off. She's a little mobile id.

I'm so impressed.


Baby Update: One Tough Cookie
August 06, 2008

I was thinking about this today and just though I'd jot it down... and brag.

The baby and I went to get the last of her 6 month immunizations a week or so ago. And she set a new record for shortest crying time. She was chowing down on some bottle when the nurse stuck her. Her eyes get wide at first. Then when the nurse pushes down the syringe, she starts to wail. But the nurse got a band-aid on her leg and I'd put her over my shoulder to console her, she'd stopped. And not only had she stopped crying. She was giggling at the very nurse who'd stuck her seconds before.

About 7 seconds. She's so hard.

Baby Update: She's Evolving Or Holy Crap
August 11, 2008

The baby just learned to pull up today. First she held on to the side of her playpen and I had my hand on her back to steady her. I was impressed by this alone. But then...

This afternoon, I put her in the crib while I went to the toilet. I could hear her playing with her musical crib toy thingy, everything seemed normal. As I was coming back into her room, I noticed she'd gotten really quiet. I come around the corner and there she is, standing, holding the side of her crib, by herself. And she just looks over at me standing in the doorway with this enormous smile as if she's saying "hey check this out! Pretty neat, huh?"

Holy crap. She's evolving.

Baby Update: Chomp
August 20, 2008

Through screaming and fussing, through fevers and bowel issues, through soft pinky gums, two teeth have arisen.

The baby has teeth. Two. Pearly white. Sharp as razors. She can officially begin biting ankles. Please don't kick the biting baby.

Baby Update: Update
September 13, 2008

So it has occurred to me that I haven't written a single thing about the child in a while. Partly due to the fact she's been keeping me so busy.

She's getting bigger. Huge. She will soon rival Godzilla. Okay, not really. She's cuter and doesn't have sonic-city-destroying-breath. But she is big.

She's pulling up on everything. She'd prefer to stand than sit, and crawl than be held. It's problematic in public, because most of  the ground outside is too rough and/or dirty for her. This irritates her and thusly me.

She's drawn to shoes. If I look away, she crawls full speed ahead to the nearest one and begin to chew. We are working on getting the dog to teach the baby not to do this. We figured it's like smoking. The dog can be her support person.

She's also become disinterested in baby food mush. She only wants crunchy. Or textured for that matter. We've pretty much abandoned the mush and have been giving her tiny cut up pieces of steamed veggies, split beans, and rice. She really enjoys beans, peas, and Cheerios. She really enjoys eating a bowl of Cheerios with her daddy in the morning off the big silvery spoon.

Her favourite toys are the remote controls and cell phones. My cell phone has little teeth marks all over it now. And it's new. It's stylish. I'm considering starting a new trend. For a small fee I will let you give your phone to my child to chew on for several hours, leaving you with the same awesome teeth marks. She nor I are responsible for and calls made to 911 or expensive 900 numbers. It is recommended that you have your phone keypad locked beforehand.

She's still waking up at night at least once to eat. She's really likes food. And she's taking two naps a day which gives me time to clean the house (some) and clean her bottles and what not.

I'm sleep deprived and I'm sure there are so many more things that I should mention (like she has nice fluffy hair and she has her first freckle/mole). But that's it for now. I must go wash bottle and what not. And prepare to go to the store, the post office, and to exchange some shoes.

And we're off!

Baby Update: I Love Free-ish
September 16, 2008

The baby is currently entertaining herself with and empty 6 ounce tin of  smokehouse jalapeno almonds and my belt. The almonds were tasty and cheap and the belt cost less than $3. She's been playing with them for days (on and off of course, but day nonetheless).

She's also entertained by other cheap or existing items. Spoons, whisks, a metal cigar tube (empty and washed excessively), colanders, her own bottles, the dog, socks, her butt wipe container, and cell phones and remotes as mentioned previously.

As usual I'm sure there are other things that I'm not thinking of but she had me up twice for an hour each time last night and I haven't finished my coffee.

I can hardly wait for the "boxes-are-the-coolest-thing-ever" phase.


I have to go now. She's poised to knock the blonde off her head!




So that's it, world. You are now up to date on the tid bits of info I have sent out to family and friends.

No comments: