Saturday, September 27, 2008

Where's the Gas?

For those of you who do not live in my area, we have almost no gas. Thanks Gustav. Due to hurricane Gustav, the gulf shut down the lines that supply a "special blend" of gas to our area. Earlier this week, state officials and some other officials agreed to let our city gas stations sell "normal gas". That was earlier this week.

THEN WHY AM I STRANDED 20 MILES FROM MY HOME?

 I'm "stranded" at my wonderful uncle's condo north of Mid-Town. There is one station that has gas around the corner. My other uncle just came back from a morning out with his parents and they just informed us that that station is now out. Last night in a effort to get home, I went to 6 stations. Found one with gas, and ques 5 cars deep. You couldn't pull into the lot! Then on the way back another station had recieved a shipment - the same one that just ran out. But they had the same lines and we're waiting in the street.

So here we wait. Trying to figure out how to siphen gas from one of the two vehicles we have here with gas. I'm so tired of this Mad Max bull"poop"! And as Max said here I am trying to put sense to it, when I know there isn't any.

And to top it all off, I'm almost out of baby formula, bottle liners and I have to work this afternoon. Yeah, it sucks. Drive conservatively and don't top off! Share the freaking gas!

No comments: